D. K. Singh: chemistry



Today, when I remember my IITJEE preparation days, I feel hearty thankful to D. K. Singh Sir. Year 2000, I was in science college, Patna. As a hard working student, I tried my best to learn physics, chemistry and mathematics. I was able to learn physics and physical chemistry. Mathematics was difficult for me. Organic chemistry for me was a boring subject. My approach towards subject was “to memorize”.
One day, one of my friends shown assignments of D. K. Singh sir. I was very much impressed and at that instant decided to join D. K. Singh sir. I contacted admission in charge, he said all batches are closed, all seats are full. There is no fresh admission is going on. I was strongly determined; I have to study at any cost. I said I will join the running batch. Thanks to the people at office, they allowed me. I made my own bench installed in the last row. I enjoyed the teaching by D. K. Singh sir. It was lucid, fresh and motivating. I never missed even a single class.
One of the best part of sir is he never talks anything else apart from the subject in classroom. His lectures were complete. If one pays attention in the class he will not face doubt. There was a time when I was only reading organic chemistry. I fell in love with organic chemistry. As a person, he touched me at my student age. Today, if I have to rank three best teachers in my life, D. K. Singh sir is one of them.
At my time, there was not a good problem book on organic chemistry for IITJEE aspirants. Today, students are lucky that they have a book by sir. I have gone through the book. If you attend lectures and do problems from sir’s book, it will help you to grasp the subject in depth. Book is written in a way that smoothens your learning process not simply testing you by putting difficult questions from here and there.
I cleared JEE, completed B.Tech. from IIT Kanpur. I did my master from university of Waterloo, Canada; worked in L&T for two years. Now, I am teaching students.
In molding me as “Guru Prakash” a large credit goes to D. K. Singh sir. I salute him. For student’s I will say only one thing “IITJEE demands intelligent hard work.”
                                                                                                           
Guru   Prakash